Dear Innercity Intercessors,
December! The snow has arrived! Christmas decorations are appearing! Shopping has begun (at least for some of us who procrastinate)! Soon we will be celebrating Christ's birthday and what that means for us: hope and salvation. "She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins. "(Matthew 1:21)
Wherever and whenever our volunteers and staff are invited to do so, this message is shared with our friends on the street. It is not uncommon to come across a small cluster on the sidewalk or a park's edge, heads bent, lifting up petitions and praise. These times are the greatest gift we can provide. They trump the clothing, the food, the friendly salute.
December also marks the end of another year, allowing all of us at OIM some time for reflection and resolution. Reviewing 2022, we celebrate:
- Vulnerable youth and Veterans began returning to our Innercity Arts and Veterans Outreach support programs following the easing of COVID restrictions;
- God blessed us with exactly the amount of funding needed to carry us through a year marked by another doubling of the numbers seeking help;
- Specific gifts to our building fund allowed us, in less than a year, after purchase to reduce our building debt by nearly half;
- Generous donations of resources allowed us to create a new outreach program from our office aimed at allowing our friends to browse and choose warm outerwear to help them get through the winter;
- We are so blessed that our volunteers continue to support OIM's outreach efforts in every way imaginable.
We are stepping forward in faith towards 2023. With God's help, we will continue carrying out our mission with purpose and passion. We are praying that the numbers needing help start to decline, that we will have sufficient resources to help those we meet, that our intentional strength-based approach affords our friends sufficient dignity and respect to enable them to escape their desperate circumstances.
On behalf of all of us at OIM, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! And, as always, thank you for your continued love and support. Just as you pray on our behalf for all of those in need, we pray for God's blessing over you and your life circumstances.
391 Gladstone Ave. Ottawa, ON K2P OY9
(613)237-6031 • email@example.com • www.ottawainnercityministries.ca