Dear Innercity Intercessors,
I wanted to give you an update regarding our current rental space on 391 Gladstone:
• We have not heard back from the owners who have indicated they will have an appraiser come to evaluate the property. Probably this will not happen during our current lockdown.
• The OIM Board has agreed that we will consider purchasing a permanent space for the location of the ministry.
• I have struck a Building Committee including members of our OIM Board, Staff, and Advisory Committee, and we are actively searching for possible options available to us at this time.
• It is not clear that we will try to buy 391 Gladstone (our current space), although there are many features of this property that are very appealing to us, namely location, size and set up. It is working well for us right now, and should continue to serve us as time progresses.
• We are open to other options as well: leasing or purchasing other suitable space that might become available (nothing is apparent at this current time).
• As you might imagine, we are going to need some funding for this project, in the range of one million dollars.
• The committee is looking into how this funding might be found, and the committee will meet again next month.
Please pray for us as we continue to look at possible options. Prayer is the one thing - the first thing and the only thing - for which I will ask you right now.
Thank you for helping us carry this burden. The amount of money needed is not as critical as this question: "What does the Lord want us to do?" and "Where does the Lord want us to locate?"
We need space from which to minister. God knows our needs. We will pray, and God will answer. Thanks so much for your support!
391 Gladstone Ave. Ottawa, ON K2P OY9
(613)237-6031 • email@example.com • www.ottawainnercityministries.ca