KONIECZNY CHRONICLES , CHRISTMAS 2020
Greetings this Advent season,
Richard’s Calling & Role:
In the midst of this unusual year, we are reminded daily that we are shaped by our calling (Gospel) and our community (transforming disciples of Jesus) rather than the pandemic. Covid-19 does, however, present some unique challenges to the global Interserve community.
We have wrestled with caring for colleagues who are in high-risk contexts and those that have contracted the illness — thus far, by God’s grace, all have recovered. We have grappled with how we can support colleagues that have had to abandon plans for their normal Home Assignment (HA) or who have opted to take their HA under these circumstances (travel, government charters, closed borders, self-isolation, etc). How do we develop a National Office Team when we can’t share the same physical space and meet face to face? The challenges persist, but the blessings abound.
Weekly Zoom meetings to pray with Partners around the globe and regular personal calls continue to this day (we are thankful for technologies that enable connections). The crisis has caused our National Office personnel to work together and depend upon one another. Our focus is sharpened and our infrastructure has been put to the test. Our mission, vision and values have been reinvigorated and we are on a learning curve. Further, we have had time to plan, develop and upgrade our infrastructure. Above all, we are learning to depend upon God’s grace for things way beyond our control. God is gracious and faithful to work out His purposes in and through us.
Kathy’s Calling & Role:
Although 2020 has not been an easy year, we continue to have many reasons to praise the Lord. We know that even in difficult times He is in control and continues to carry out His purposes for His people. When Innova Academy returned to campus full-time I gave up my role there due to my high-risk factors. It’s been a struggle for me to figure out what the Lord has next for me, but as I sought His daily guidance He has opened several doors for me.
One of those avenues of ministry has been to help a lonely friend two days a week who has brain cancer. This ministry has been a blessing to me— giving me something to pour my energies into and has been a great help to this friend.
Another avenue of ministry that has recently opened up for me is becoming the TCK (Third Culture Kid) Advisor for Interserve families in Canada (some with ministry roles in Canada and others in Canada temporarily on Home Assignment). This was kicked off with a virtual kids program in early November with nine kids, ages 6-15. It was a joy to get to know them and challenge them to live for Christ within their communities.
Of course, my main ministry has been to support and help Richard in any way I can in his role in Interserve Canada. This has included volunteer tasks, socially distanced visits with Interserve-connected people, and praying for Interserve Partners and the ministries God has called them to.
“Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness! I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore, I will wait for him.’” (Lamentations 3:22-24)
Isn’t it wonderful that no matter the circumstances of life, we have much to praise Him for! Thank you Lord for your faithfulness!
Praise & Prayer Requests
Rejoice with us…
- for God’s love in action—Immanuel!
- that the Lord continues to provide Kathy with meaningful ministry connections
- that the Lord continues to guide Richard and the National Office team in discerning how
- love in action looks in supportive National office roles
- for our children and grandchildren (Kathryn & Colby [Oliver and Wren], Laurie,
- Jonathan & Katia) to know the blessings of the Lord this Christmas season
- for the Lord’s guidance in Kathy’s role as TCK advisor as she interacts with children and their parents
- for Kathy to have wisdom in what further responsibilities and roles to take on in order to express love in action
- for Richard in the search for a new staff to fill a vacant role in the Donor Relations Dept – that the Lord would guide us to the right person
- for the well-being of our colleagues throughout Asia and the Arab world – that His hand of protection would be upon them as they serve,
- proclaim and manifest love in action in a hurting world
- for both of us to be faithful and sensitive to the divine opportunities that God brings across our path each and every day
Richard & Kathy Konieczny
Thank you for your continual care and support of the ministry to which God has called us.
Interserve CA, 10 Huntingdale Blvd, Scarborough, ON, M1W2S5